Sunday, February 2, 2014
One of the better childhood memories I had with my late father i.e. Haji Mohamad and which I tend to remember on a weekly basis is that whenever possible on Friday he'll come back and take me to go for friday prayers...Normally, we'll go to pray either at Masjid Kawasan Melayu (now rebuild) near Old Town,PJ or just up the road from our PJ house at Jalan Universiti i.e Masjid Kolej Islam (Section 16 PJ). Sometimes we'll go Section 14 or even the National Mosque.
After that, he'll treat me or My brother and I for briyani lunch. What's so special about Briyani lunch....one may ask? Well in Those days in the 70s and early 80s, restaurants will only cook briyani either on Fridays or Fridays and weekends.
As such part of my 1435 Hijrah resolution is to pray in as many different mosque as possible with my family and especially my son.
Target is 177 Masjid and/or Surau.
As of to-date, ONLY 18 achieved in 3 countries. Another 159 to go.
Note: There are a few others in KL, Selangor but I can't recall where exactly.
1. 02/02/2014 - Masjid Negara, Zuhur
2. 31/01/2014 - Masjid At-Taqwa, TTDI - KL. Friday
1. - Surau Mutiara Damansara - PJ.
2. Masjid Seksyen 14 - PJ.
3. Masjid KLIA - Sepang
Negeri Sembilan @3
1. Masjid Negeri - Seremban.
2. Surau KTK Lama - Seremban
3. Surau KTK Baru - Bandar ENSTEK
1. Masjid Kesang?? - Jasin
Pulau Pinang @1
1. 12/2013 - Masjid Jamek??? - Jln. Mcallister - Friday
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES @3
1. 12/2013 - Masjid UAE Unversity. Zuhur, Asar & Maghrib
2. 12/2013 - ???. Friday
1. 12/2013 - Grand Mosque. Zuhur
SAUDI ARABIA @5
1. Masjidil Haram
2. Masjid Hudaibiah (for Miqat)
3. Masjid ??? (for Miqat)
1. Masjid Nabawi
2. Masjid Quba
7 August. Masjid Kg. Gajah, PERAK.