MY Weltanschauung VALUATION!!

Monday, January 16, 2012

MY Interview with Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad

On Monday, 16 January 2012 I was given the privilege of interviewing Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad - Statesman & the Fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia (1981-2003) for the TV programme I'm hosting at Channel 127, UNIFI. The programme is simply called " ISLAMiC FiNANCE @ The Capital TV " and we're currently in between episodes 6 and 7 of the First Season which started airing in December 2011.


( Discourse with Tun Dr.Mahathir on the Islamic Gold Dinar )

The Topic & Venue
-----------------
The interview is on the topic of "The Islamic Gold Dinar"...a rather delicate topic when the Ringgit is still around. The Perdana Leadership Foundation in Putrjaya was the indicated venue. Well, actually the initial venue was supposed to be at KLCC, Level 86 on Tuesday, 17 January 2012 before it was brought forward to Monday at Putrajaya.



( Costume Adjustments by Syilda@Executive Producer during the Commercial Break)


( )



( Photo Session after the Discourse )
Promo Video of the EXCLUSIVE :- Capital TV YouTube Channel


( Make-Up.......Aaaarghhh!!!)

Have a look at what happened "Behind the Scene":- Tun Dr. Mahathir Interview - Behind the Scene

Flashback to 2000 MSC-IAP
-------------------------

In 2000, I had many sleepless night preparing my presentation to him for the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) - International Advisory Panel (IAP) or, MSC-IAP. I thought a decade down the road...when the "tables are turned" so to speak, it should be much easier - Well, I guessed WRONG!


The Planning & Preparation
--------------------------

As I am a "ONE-MAN Research Team", I had spent many sleepless nights going through Mahathir's speeches on the Gold Dinar (in OIC &
IKIM Conferences), Read his books on the Currency crisis ( Doctor in The House & The Malaysian Currency Crisis-How & Why It Happened ), Go through the IMF agreement on Special Drawing Rights and familiarise myself with heaps of other materials. It felt like I'm preparing for an exam and writing a project paper at the same time.

....then the jitters. Initially, I was kind of happy when I was informed in December 2011 by Tun's office of the interview dates. Then, when meetings, site visits, fittings and research started to be put in motion.....ONLY THEN did I realise the IMPORTANCE of the Discourse.


The Interview
-------------

The discourse on the Gold Dinar between Dr.Mahathir and I started around 4pm and ended almost an hour later...with 2 breaks in between. In the beginning, things were quite tense as some of the team were a wee bit nervous...even amongst those who were cracking jokes whilst waiting!





....(to be continued)

No comments: