Monday, November 16, 2009
" The SUN NEVER SETS on the British Empire,
COZ GOD DO NOT TRUST THE BRITISH IN THE DARK " - TDM
Attended the Inaugural Eminent Person Lecture Series organised by my alma matter i.e. the Asia-Europe Institute(AEI-UM) at Nikko Hotel, KL. The guest speaker was none other than former premier Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad and he gave a talk titled "ASIAN in the 21st Century ".
TDM was in his element and he shared his views on amongst others China, India & ASEAN . On Middle East, his thoughts are that they will never develop because after giving their respective greetings i.e. Salam or Shalom (both of which means peace)...they will then proceed to harm, attack and/or bomb each other
Overall, a morning well-spent!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
P.94 Hulu Selangor, Selangor by-election. MY Weltanschauung's Poll extended!
- 01 (3%) - Palace/Sultan
- 01 (3%) - BN
- 02 (6%) - PR
- 06 (18%) - Courts
- 22 (68%) - Rakyat via Fresh Elections
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Why MY Weltanschauung call some BN politicians IDIOTS :-
- Peaceful Assembly ENSHRINED in Malaysian Constitution
Notwithstanding qualifying clauses, Article 10 (b) states that:-
" all citizens have the right to assemble peaceably and without arms "
- Democracy Benchmark
Protests happens in matured democracy like Washington, USA or London,UK
and is credited with ending the Vietnam War and Poll Tax...amongst others!
- Spending Stimulus
Desperate times calls for revolutionary thinking! Malaysia's *foreign minister Anifah Aman comments vis-a-vis ASEAN approach towards Myanmar is a case in point! I would say having more protests actually stimulate the local economy by enriching the hawkers & petty traders...amongst others. This is because a protest is actually an EVENT.....and like most events, RM have to be spent!
" There are 3 types of LIES - Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics "
I do not know where the FT Minister( an alumni of the RMC ) got the figures of RM100-200m losses as a result of the "incident"...it would be interesting to see how the *FT minister qualifies his statement as compared to what an actuarist tabulates! I beg to differ with the FT Minister as I believe that well attended Protests actually adds value to the economy. Examples:-
- Increased TRANSPORTATION Spending
- Toll, Petrol, Plane/Taxis/LRT/Bus fare and/or charter etc.
- Increased F & B Spending -
- Increased MERCHANDISE & Related Items Spending
- T-Shirts, Caps, Badges, Posters, Newspapers etc.
- JOB CREATION & Increased SALARY
- Overtime Pay and/or Allowances for Reporters, Security personnel, DBKL Cleaners etc
Why MY Weltanschauung call some PR politicians IDIOTIC:
- H1N1 Spread
With the H1N1 outbreak in Malaysia spiralling out of control, only the extremely dumb will say that having hundreds of people let alone thousands...in a dense area a smart move - unless they think that SMART is the name of a car!
Note: *IF ONLY.....SMART countries had imposed a travel ban earlier!
- Getting KIDS involved
COWARDS get kids involved in their fight! ...but then again, in certain 'conflict' countries - kids are bearing arms.
MY Weltanschauung RM177 comments:
Najib's honeymoon is over!
at the end of the day, the ONLY person/body who came out of it with something is the Malaysian Police esp FRU who managed to get some practise after a long hiatus. After all ASEAN did not have the *ASEANAPOL-Police HQ in KL for no valid reason.
Perhaps it's time for a 3rd force in Politics
...something like the Liberal Democrats in UK!
Partai Kunci ( KEY Party )...ANYone???
Thursday, July 30, 2009
- The former premiers cannot stand each other...YET! (see 2 August UPDATE below)
- YPB did not check the dates carefully prior to booking the function.
- Pure BAD luck!
2 August 2009 - UPDATE / INSERTION:
An Old friend whom I met during the dinner passed a remark as to why I didn't juxtaposed on the "dua harimau tidak boleh berada di atas satu bukit i.e. 2 tigers cannot be on the same hill" Comment made by the YPB Chairman i.e. Datuk Yazid Othman during his explanatory speech as to why the VIPs did NOT turn up!
To this, I can only pose to Datuk Yazid....
"betul ke ada 2 harimau atau sebenarnya ada 1 singa tua & 1 harimau 'jadian' ?
MY Weltanschauung 177sen worth:
YPB should write an apology letter to all corporate sponsors for the NO shows!
Considering RM10,000 was spent on the table...the lack of an usher to see us to the table or even a welcoming Committee is a bit bewildering.
...to end a so-called Patriotic night with a Hindustan/Bollywood song....pergghh!
.....Chinese food was good though!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
For the FIRST TIME ever for MY Weltanschauung blog.....a person of Authority responded to my Comments/Suggestions on 4th August(1200 & 1817hours).
However,I am not at liberty to publish both responses!
Suffice to say, both responses managed to elucidate the author on RMC's status.
" SIR, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE STATUS UPDATE! "
Wasalam & Best Regards.
- by the OPA President i.e. OP Maj. Gen(Rtd) Datuk Paduka Dr. Termidzi
"....how can RMC capitalise on being the ONLY school/college located in a university campus!? "
- by an OP Dr. who just came back from UK (CA's batch mate)
"....at the end of the day, it's NOT the quantity of Puteras we churn out
but, rather the QUALITY.
I'd rather have 50 quality OPs rather than 500 questionable ones "
- with the recent brouhaha over english as a teaching medium, Change RMC into an english medium college...thus ensuring its distinctiveness & competitiveness!
- apart from General Leadership Training emphasis should also be given to specific soft skills training like presentation, debate, negotiations, etiquette mutatis-mutandis
- Convert the old Cadet Wing into a RMC Museum cum Hall of Fame + incorporate a RMC Hotel & Training Centre for sustainability....after all WEST POINT, New York have a hotel!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
...from RED DEVILS...to RED WUSSES/SISSIES...(RED devils renamed) - the latest "WUSSES/SISSIES" in ASIA!
Friday, July 17, 2009
- NOT having to wait for taxis.
- CHEAP Services e.g. Haircut, Shoe repairs by a Cobbler, Reflexology massage etc.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL people.
- One's patronage at most establishment are really valued/appreciated!
- RANGE of Choices to suit one's budget...from dead cheap to extremely extravagant.
- Spending around 1million Rupiah per month for a shared Room(Rumah Kos) with laundry & ironing thrown in!
- CREATIVE, elections!
INDONESIA (the 4th NATION): Internship programme at the ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta. Attached to the Political & Security Co-operation Directorate under Mr. Termsak. APSC is one of the 3 pillars of the ASEAN community. May - July 2009.
MALAYSIA (HOME COUNTRY). 1st Paid Job was as a Shop Assistant when I was 8-9years old...1st official Job - at Shangri-la Hotel, KL after my SPM. Other organisations included A&W, Athlete's World, EON Finance(EON Bank Group), UNISYS MSC...where I was attached to the PM's Department at the newly completed Putrajaya administrative city in 2000-2001, Perfect Know-How & Araf Vektor.
MY RM177 Comment / 177 Rupiah Ngobrol:
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Having arrived in May for my internship at the ASEAN Secretariat-Jakarta (ASEC) , the campaigning was an eye-opener for me as it allows me to compare the campaigning style of 2 different yet similar country/culture i.e. Malaysia and Indonesia.
Hence, some personal (NOT as ASEC rep.) observations:
- Only 2 countries in ASEAN chose their President/PM direct...the other being Philippines.
- Almost equal Coverage on TV for the 3 aspiring candidates...( Malaysia MUST Learn ). Point to Note: Voter Education programmes (i.e. how to vote, exercise your rights...blah,blah,blah) are partly sponsored by Japan/Japanese NGOs.
- Official campaigning ended on Saturday i.e. 4days before actual elections. On Sunday, banners, posters etc. started/have to be removed...I suppose its to give voters time to reflect - FREE of external influences!
- Malaysia's ruling(federal) coalition is referred to as Barisan Nasional. Indonesia has a party called BARNAS (short for Barisan Nasional).
- Usage of ink to ensure that voters DO NOT vote twice.
- ...and in a compromise(despite a court ruling re the electoral register) to ensure the elections proceed - voters who are not registered/listed in the electoral roll, can vote at the last hour before the polling stations are closed! GO FIGURE!
- Extensive use of paraphernalia like banners, posters etc. in Indonesia & Malaysia, whereas in UK...its usage is considered minimal.
- Supporters of contenders will go around treating people at certain places. e.g. in Kebayoran Baru(where I'm staying), certain factions will go around saying "this treat is on us...more to come,if we win". Same goes for Malaysia...reminds me of Ketari, Pahang by-election ...amongst others!
- Almost Equal coverage of contenders in TV media in UK(at least where Labour & Conservative parties are concerned) and Indonesia.......but not in Malaysia.
My 177Rupiah Ngobrol(Comment):
The election is a fight between the PAST , PRESENT and a wannabe FUTURE.
I forecast GREAT THINGS happening in Indonesia...if, they chose right!
I would think that the SBY-Boediono ticket will win handsomely....but, then again so did BN in the 12th General Elections held in 2008!
~ I WISH INDONESIA...ALL THE BEST & CHOOSE WISELY ~
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
2015 is the D-Day for the creation of an ASEAN Community. However, Talk to the food stall operators operating around the ASEAN Secretariat and chances are they won't know what ASEAN stands for apart from it i.e. Gedung ASEAN being some sort of a diplomatic place.
Natural Disasters e.g. Asian Tsunami & Huricane Nargis
Piracy and other Maritime Issues like Illegal Fishing
and Overlapping Teritorial Claims ( South China Sea & Ambalat )
Overlapping Airspace Control issues
( Johore-Malaysia & Singapore and Singapore & Batam-Indonesia )
Countries with a Comparative Advantage(CA) in Satellite Technology are Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. By virtue of having an Astronaut(Angkasawan) programme...Malaysia, should seize the initiative and further expand the workings of the SCOSA - Sub Committe on Space Technology & Applications!
(Clockwise from Top Right: Fauziah Jalil, Myself, Azrul Shahreen, Muhammad Rum & Zokhri Idris. Not in pict. Zikry Kholil).
Saturday, May 2, 2009
I plead to Malaysia & the ASEAN countries (who are supposed to be wiser after the SARS outbreak experience) to impose a travel ban to visitors from countries affected with Swine Flu/Mexican Flu(or whatever name U want to call it).......otherwise we would be opening the Pandora's box.
PLEASE don't be taken in by the argument given by WHO that the economic effects far outweighs the health/medical effects of a travel ban.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- Innocent until proven guilty...a MERE WARNING does not suffice!
- NEVER underestimate the "power of RM" during troubled times!
- Congratulations is in order despite being left for dead in the aftermath of the 12th General Elections.
P.S. Congratulations to Zaki Zahid -9th=446votes
(MC/Introducer during my Wedding reception at Tabung Haji, 1996).
Also to Tg. Azman -8th=455votes (my senior in RMC).
Commiserations to Akhramsyah Sanusi-41st=161votes (my 'brother-in-law')
...try again Bro!
Monday, February 9, 2009
- Barisan Nasional (BN)
- Pakatan Rakyat (PR)
- Rakyat via FRESH ELECTIONS
- No Comments
Friday, January 16, 2009
The ongoing GENOCIDE cum MASS MURDER alias MASSACRE a.k.a KILLING FIELDS taking place in Gaza with the full backing of genocide supporter cum murder cheerleader alias terrorist supporter i.e. USA should make the OIC realise how useless they are in defending the Muslim Ummah.
- Official / Ceremonial Duties (1 company)
~ main tasks of the Company is for Ceremonial purposes similar to Malaysia's 1RAMD (Kompeni Istiadat).
~ Ceremonial Company should Be based at OIC HQ in Jeddah.
- Security (1 company)
~ main tasks is for VIP protection...similar to the US Secret Service, protection of OIC assets, conference or even help out during the annual haj pilgrimage.
- Special Tasks (2 companies)
~ main tasks is for deployment at "hot zones" where OIC countries or Muslims are involved. We cannot just rely/trust on UN Peacekeepers....RECALL the Srebrenica Massacre which happened under the noses of the so-called UN peacekeepers(manned by the Dutch Armed Forces)
~The special tasks company can be based at Afghanistan and/or Somalia and deployed to help out with the security issues of the respective country. Deployment can be considered as an "on the job training".
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Again LOCAL issues will decide the day despite attempts by the MSM to drum-up or concoct national issues. Local issues are issues like:-
- Monsoon Cup & Crystal Mosque expenditure
- PAS "being in bed" with DAP despite extreme ideological differences
- Petroleum Royalty Payment
- Hudud Law
- Purchase of a fleet of Mercedes Benz for State EXCO's usage
- The candidates themselves and "who they are aligned with" in their respective parties.
- a Deputy Division Head(now Division Head) from up north asking for the Burger Stall owner to finish up whatever stock he has so that he can go home early and get fresh supplies. When a Minister happen to pass by...he said, "saya menyampaikan sumbangan orang utara (I'm just delivering donation from people up north).
- Football game played for 30minutes with the local youth. The youth were later given "expensive" prizes for participating.
- an MB giving away Bicycles "sponsored" by Corporate Bodies
- land titles being issued, roads being paved etc. etc.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
ALL the people SOME of the time
but NOT ALL the people ALL the time" ~Abe Lincoln~
Based on qualitative interviews conducted on a random sample...the following were observed:-
- In Penang, staff in the semi-conductor industry are facing "pay cuts" and "forced leave".
- In Kulim, Kedah work in certain factory(ies) have reverted to "single shift". Elsewhere, on the outskirts of Alor Setar...a factory dealing with basic food neccesities will chalk-up losses in the millions if there is no government intervention.
- In KL, "businesses are closing down"....I personally know 5 business owners who are in various stages of shutting down their businesses.
- In Thailand, ...based on conversation with business owners in Padang Bezar, revenues and visitors have tumbled...compared to previous years
Be Prepared for a NO-FRILLS & HARD WORK 2009! Happy New Year.
Initiatives/Causes supported by MY Weltanschauung
blog HITS Milestones
- ► August (2)
- ► July (5)
- ► February (2)
" UMNO youth results. what are your thots? " (SMS rcvd from 012-7-----8, 26 March) " They blew up the chance to clean up p...
Today MY Weltanschauung participated (...and COMPLETED!) in my first 10k run in 16years. Purpose of MY Weltanschauung participating in the...
UPDATE: June 2009,"The Jakarta Globe" " ASEAN Agrees to Co-operate in Space Work " ( http://thejakartaglobe.com/...
ACRONYM Definition: An acronym is a kind of abbreviation. It is a word formed by taking letters from a phrase that is too long to use comfor...
I'd just attended the OPA AGM after missing last year's AGM as I was then attached to the Political & Security Co-operation Di...
Last night...Attended an award dinner at the Shangri -la Hotel,KL organised by Yayasan Patriotik Bangsa ( YPB ) . Was seated at a table &...
******* of Oil, WMD & the Coalition of the Willing (aka Genocide Coalition)!******* Wh...
On Monday, 16 January 2012 I was given the privilege of interviewing Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad - Statesman & the Fourth Prime Minister of...
Tomorrow...Wednesday, 8 th July 2009 is D-DAY for the more than 238million Indonesians! It is the Presidential Elections ( commonly re...
The ongoing GENOCIDE cum MASS MURDER alias MASSACRE a.k.a KILLING FIELDS taking place in Gaza with the full backing of genocide s...